Shropshire County Pension Fund currently invests in three different equity portfolio funds.
Active funds are actively managed by our Investment Managers to take advantage of market changes and provide increased funds.
Currently Shropshire County Pension Fund is invested in two active equity schemes, both operated by LGPS Central the scheme’s pooling company:
- Global Sustainable Equity Active Broad and Targeted Fund
- Global Equity Active Multi Manager Fund
Shropshire County Pension Fund holds units in the above funds rather than specific shareholdings. The fund managers will determine holdings depending on the perceived attractiveness of individual stocks.
LGPS Central publishes details of the stock holdings that make up the portfolios within each fund as at the 31st March and 30th September annually. The ACS Sub Fund Investments documents can be found on the LGPS website.
Note: Due to commercial sensitivity, data will be published up to six months in arrears.
Passive Funds are selected by the fund manager to broadly perform in line with the market without active management.
Shropshire currently has one passive investment managed by Legal and General Investment Managers:
- Low Carbon Transition Developed Markets Equity Index £ Currency Hedged Fund
Shropshire County Pension Fund holds units in the above fund rather than specific shareholdings. Legal & General determine the fund make-up in line with the fund’s objectives.
The objectives of the low carbon transition fund are:
1) Initial emissions intensity reduced by c. 70% vs. market cap benchmark
2) Emissions intensity consistent with decarbonisation pathway and a net zero target